Senior Living in 16563 (Erie, PA)
- 16563 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Erie, PA.
- 16563 scores lower than the Erie, PA average of 73.
- 16563 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16563 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Erie Va Medical Center, Saint Vincent Health Center, and Healthsouth Lake Erie Inst.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Manorcare Health Services - Erie, Brevillier Village, and L\'arche.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Lawrence Park Golf Club, Gospel Hill Golf & Country Club, and Downing Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lampe Campground)..
- There are 60 churches nearby, including Wesleyville Baptist Church, Harborcreek Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a per capita income of $4,447, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.97%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16563 has a dense population density of 3,650.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.