Senior Living in 16601 (Altoona, PA)
- 16601 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Altoona, PA.
- 16601 scores lower than the Altoona, PA average of 73.
- 16601 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16601 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care, Valley View Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Altoona Center For Nursing Care.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Greenwood Golf Course, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lakemont Park, Canoe Creek State Park, and Horse Shoe Curve Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Our Lady of Lourdes Church, and Holy Rosary Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,058, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,753, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,104, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16601 has a sparse population density of 391.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.46%.