Senior Living in 16622 (Calvin, PA)
- 16622 scores the same as the Calvin, PA average of 81.
- 16622 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16622 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodland Retirement Community, Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Westminster Woods at Huntingdon.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Sylvan Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Trough Creek State Park, Susquehannock Campground, and Pleasant Hills Campground.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Clappertown C & MA, Stump Robert E, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,888, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,500, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,711, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16622 has a very sparse population density of 23.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.81%.