Senior Living in 16625 (Claysburg, PA)
- 16625 scores the same as the Claysburg, PA average of 72.
- 16625 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16625 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nason Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Wesner\'s Claysburg Manor, Maple Winds Care Center and Autumns View Personal Care, and Blair Chalet.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Blue Knob Golf Club, King Valley Golf Course, and Iron Masters Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Claysburg Church of God, Upper Claar Church-Bethren, and St Thomas More Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,383, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,299, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,578, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16625 has a sparse population density of 120.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.98%.