Senior Living in 16635 (Duncansville, PA)
- 16635 scores the same as the Duncansville, PA average of 83.
- 16635 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16635 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Nason Hospital, James E. Van Zandt Va Medical Center (altoona), and Bon Secours-holy Family Syst.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Winds at Mattern Orchard, Blair Chalet, and Presbyterian Homes-Presby.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Blue Knob Golf Club, Summit Country Club, and Iron Masters Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wright\'s Orchard Station, Lakemont Park, and Horse Shoe Curve Park.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Leamersville Church-Brethern, Carson Valley Church, and Foot of Ten Bible Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,236, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,562, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,516, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16635 has a sparse population density of 199.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.26%.