Senior Living in 16636 (Dysart, PA)
- 16636 scores the same as the Dysart, PA average of 85.
- 16636 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16636 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Senior Care Altoona, Altoona Center For Nursing Care, and Valley View Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Immergrun Golf Club, and Ebensburg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Prince Gallitzin State Park, Horse Shoe Curve Park, and Lakemont Park.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St Augustine Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and St Joan of Arc Activities Ctr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,977, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,219, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,675, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.15%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16636 has a very sparse population density of 26.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.41%.