Senior Living in 16639 (Fallentimber, PA)
- 16639 scores the same as the Fallentimber, PA average of 72.
- 16639 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16639 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Miners Medical Center.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care, Colonial Courtyard, and Epworth Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Greenwood Golf Course, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Prince Gallitzin State Park)..
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St Joan of Arc Activities Ctr, Allemansville United Methodist, and St Augustine Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,728, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,447, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,545, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.31%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16639 has a very sparse population density of 41.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.74%.