Senior Living in 16647 (Hesston, PA)
- 16647 scores the same as the Hesston, PA average of 79.
- 16647 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16647 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Westminster Woods at Huntingdon, and Always Best Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Sylvan Hills Golf Course, Scotch Valley Country Club, and American Legion Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Pleasant Hills Campground, Susquehannock Campground, and Lake Raystown Family Camping Resort.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Zion Lutheran Church, United Methodist Church, and Living Water Family Worship.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,440, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,250, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,789, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16647 has a very sparse population density of 34.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.16%.