Senior Living in 16648 (Hollidaysburg, PA)
- 16648 scores the same as the Hollidaysburg, PA average of 82.
- 16648 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16648 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, James E. Van Zandt Va Medical Center (altoona), and Bon Secours-holy Family Syst.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Always Best Care, Apartments at Hillcrest, and Lutheran Home at Hollidaysburg.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Sylvan Hills Golf Course, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Greenwood Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lakemont Park, Canoe Creek State Park, and Wright\'s Orchard Station.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including St Michael Catholic Church, St Mary\'s Church, and Grace Bible Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,234, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,540, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,933, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.51%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16648 has a sparse population density of 269.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.58%.