Senior Living in 16651 (Houtzdale, PA)
- 16651 scores the same as the Houtzdale, PA average of 57.
- 16651 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16651 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Windy Hill Village , Mountain Laurel Nursing Care , and Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Golf Course, Philipsburg Country Club, and Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Curwensville Lake Recreation)..
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Parsonville Assembly of God, St Barbara Pncc Parish Hall, and Christian Missionary Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,008, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,575, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,267, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.75%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16651 has a sparse population density of 137.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.59%.