Senior Living in 16652 (Huntingdon, PA)
- 16652 scores the same as the Huntingdon, PA average of 66.
- 16652 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16652 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (J C Blair Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Huntingdon Hills Rehabilitation & Nursing Center and Westminster Woods at Huntingdon)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Standing Stone Golf Club, and Sylvan Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lake Raystown Family Camping Resort, Susquehannock Campground, and Pleasant Hills Campground.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Allensville Presbyterian Chr, and Clappertown C & MA.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,154, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,785, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,233, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16652 has a sparse population density of 102.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.27%.