Senior Living in 16655 (Imler, PA)
- 16655 scores the same as the Imler, PA average of 74.
- 16655 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16655 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nason Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Wesner\'s Claysburg Manor, Homewood at Martinsburg Pa, and The Village at Morrisons Cove.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including King Valley Golf Course, Blue Knob Golf Club, and Iron Masters Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Rice Herb L, Koontz Church of Brethern, and Upper Claar Church-Bethren.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,287, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,797, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,825, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.10%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16655 has a very sparse population density of 45.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.48%.