Senior Living in 16657 (James Creek, PA)
- 16657 scores the same as the James Creek, PA average of 77.
- 16657 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16657 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cove Forge Behav Hlth Syst and Nason Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Village at Morrisons Cove, The Village at Morrisons Cove, and Homewood at Martinsburg Pa.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Iron Masters Country Club, Scotch Valley Country Club, and Sylvan Hills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Trough Creek State Park, Pleasant Hills Campground, and Heritage Cove Resort.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and Living Water Family Worship.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,203, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,000, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,857, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.73%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16657 has a very sparse population density of 25.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.13%.