Senior Living in 16662 (Martinsburg, PA)
- 16662 scores the same as the Martinsburg, PA average of 72.
- 16662 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16662 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nason Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Village at Morrisons Cove, The Village at Morrisons Cove, and Homewood at Martinsburg Pa.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Iron Masters Country Club, Sylvan Hills Golf Course, and Scotch Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Heritage Cove Resort and Trough Creek State Park).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Church-Brethren Memorial, Clover Creek Church-Brethren, and Martinsburg Grace Brethren Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,549, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,608, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,191, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16662 has a sparse population density of 102.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.94%.