Senior Living in 16665 (Newry, PA)
- 16665 scores the same as the Newry, PA average of 81.
- 16665 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16665 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nason Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Blair Chalet, Winds at Mattern Orchard, and Presbyterian Homes-Presby.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Iron Masters Country Club, Blue Knob Golf Club, and Scotch Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wright\'s Orchard Station, Lakemont Park, and Horse Shoe Curve Park.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Evangelical Lutheran Church, St Patrick Catholic Church, and Leamersville Church-Brethern.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,992, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,877, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,142, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 27.04%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16665 has an average population density of 740.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.00%.