Senior Living in 16667 (Osterburg, PA)
- 16667 scores the same as the Osterburg, PA average of 74.
- 16667 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16667 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Wesner\'s Claysburg Manor, Colonial Courtyard, and Donahoe Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including King Valley Golf Course, Blue Knob Golf Club, and Windber Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Friendship Village, Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Campground, and Gallitzin State Forest.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Rice Herb L, Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, and Koontz Church of Brethern.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,951, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,143, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,896, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16667 has a very sparse population density of 82.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.46%.