Senior Living in 16678 (Saxton, PA)
- 16678 scores the same as the Saxton, PA average of 71.
- 16678 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16678 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nason Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Village at Morrisons Cove, The Village at Morrisons Cove, and Homewood at Martinsburg Pa.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Iron Masters Country Club, Sylvan Hills Golf Course, and Scotch Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Heritage Cove Resort and Trough Creek State Park).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Church-Brethren Memorial, Clover Creek Church-Brethren, and Martinsburg Grace Brethren Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,281, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,515, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,832, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.38%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16678 has a very sparse population density of 59.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.08%.