Senior Living in 16699 (Cresson, PA)
- 16699 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Cresson, PA.
- 16699 scores lower than the Cresson, PA average of 66.
- 16699 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16699 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Cambria Care Center, Johnstown Housing Authority, and Brookside Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (9% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Summit Country Club, Ebensburg Country Club, and Immergrun Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Horse Shoe Curve Park)..
- There are 4 churches nearby, including St Francis Xavier Church, United Methodist Church, and St Lukes Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has a per capita income of $4,171, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 16699 has a very dense population density of 22,953.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.71%.