Senior Living in 16727 (Derrick City, PA)
- 16727 scores the same as the Derrick City, PA average of 88.
- 16727 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16727 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Olean General Hospital and Bradford Regional Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Bradford Ecumenical Home, The Pavilion at BRMC, and Eden Heights.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including St. Bonaventure Golf Course, Bartlett Country Club, and Castle Inn Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rock City Park, Oak Hill Park, and Riverhurst Park Campground.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Hill Frank P, G & C Counter Tops, and Elwell Charles W.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,000, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,792, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,362, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.75%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 16727 has a very sparse population density of 49.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.27%.