Senior Living in 16729 (Duke Center, PA)
- 16729 scores the same as the Duke Center, PA average of 79.
- 16729 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16729 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Bradford Ecumenical Home, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Eden Heights.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including St. Bonaventure Golf Course, Bartlett Country Club, and Castle Inn Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rock City Park, Oak Hill Park, and Riverhurst Park Campground.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Hill Frank P, Elwell Charles W, and Grace Alliance Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,185, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,578, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,512, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.33%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 16729 has a very sparse population density of 55.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.83%.