Senior Living in 16803 (State College, PA)
- 16803 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in State College, PA.
- 16803 scores higher than the State College, PA average of 70.
- 16803 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16803 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mount Nittany Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of State College, Greenhills Village, and The Village at Penn State,.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Toftrees Resort, Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses, and The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Park Hills Park, The Arboretum at Penn State, and Allen Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Park Forest Baptist Church, Park Forest Village Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,745, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,625, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,494, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.97%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16803 has an average population density of 977.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.94%.