Senior Living in 16822 (Beech Creek, PA)
- 16822 scores the same as the Beech Creek, PA average of 68.
- 16822 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16822 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Lock Haven Hospital, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bald Eagle State Park, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Krislund Camp & Conference Center.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Blanchard Church of Christ, Walnut Street Church of Christ, and Hicks Stephen R.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.21% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,963, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,375, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,452, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16822 has a very sparse population density of 23.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.50%.