Senior Living in 16823 (Bellefonte, PA)
- 16823 scores the same as the Bellefonte, PA average of 70.
- 16823 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16823 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Nittany Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Centre Crest, The Village at Penn State, and The Village at Penn State,.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Nittany Country Club, Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses, and The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce: Train Station, Fort Bellefonte Campground, and Bald Eagle State Forest.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and St John Evangelist Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,752, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,254, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,354, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.09%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16823 has a sparse population density of 207.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.84%.