Senior Living in 16826 (Blanchard, PA)
- 16826 scores the same as the Blanchard, PA average of 69.
- 16826 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16826 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Lock Haven Hospital, Susque-View Home Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Fulmer\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Belles Springs Golf Course, and Nittany Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bald Eagle State Park, Krislund Camp & Conference Center, and Belles Springs Golf Course.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Blanchard Church of Christ, Walnut Street Church of Christ, and Hicks Stephen R.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,603, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,188, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,276, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.95%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16826 has a sparse population density of 187.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.19%.