Senior Living in 16827 (Boalsburg, PA)
- 16827 scores the same as the Boalsburg, PA average of 82.
- 16827 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16827 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Meadows Psychiatric Center and Mount Nittany Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Juniper Village At Brookline-Rehabilitation And Sk, Foxdale Village, and Hearthside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including State College Elks Country Club, The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club, and Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Bear Meadows Natural Area, Penn-Roosevelt State Park, and Rothrock State Forest.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Zion Lutheran Church, Lev Y\'Shua Messianic Congrgtn, and St John\'s United Church-Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,763, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,200, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,413, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16827 has a sparse population density of 227.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.65%.