Senior Living in 16837 (Glen Richey, PA)
- 16837 scores the same as the Glen Richey, PA average of 75.
- 16837 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16837 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center and Mountain Laurel Nursing Care )
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Golf Course, Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club, and Philipsburg Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Curwensville Lake Recreation and Woodland Campground).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Bailey Gary B, Parsonville Assembly of God, and St Barbara Pncc Parish Hall.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $21,933, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $23,669, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,534, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16837 has a sparse population density of 219.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.12%.