Senior Living in 16838 (Grampian, PA)
- 16838 scores the same as the Grampian, PA average of 79.
- 16838 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16838 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Dubois Regional Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center, DuBois Continuum of Care Community, and Mountain Laurel Nursing Care .
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Grandview Golf Course, Du Bois Country Club, and Gold Course at Treasure Lake Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Curwensville Lake Recreation, Sandy Township Recreational Park, and S B Elliott State Park.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Bailey Gary B, St Catherine of Siena, and Bethel Church of Brethren.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,694, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,500, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,424, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16838 has a very sparse population density of 44.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.34%.