Senior Living in 16851 (Lemont, PA)
- 16851 scores the same as the Lemont, PA average of 86.
- 16851 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16851 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount Nittany Medical Center and Meadows Psychiatric Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Juniper Village At Brookline-Rehabilitation And Sk, Foxdale Village, and Hearthside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses, The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club, and State College Elks Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Allen Park, The Arboretum at Penn State, and Park Hills Park.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, University Baptist Church, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,773, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,577, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,419, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16851 has a sparse population density of 210.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.05%.