Senior Living in 16853 (Milesburg, PA)
- 16853 scores the same as the Milesburg, PA average of 71.
- 16853 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16853 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Nittany Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Centre Crest).
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Nittany Country Club, The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club, and Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce: Train Station and Fort Bellefonte Campground).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Milesburg United Methodist Chr, Assembly of God Church, and Tabernacle of the Living God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,647, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,556, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,226, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16853 has an average population density of 1,127.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.