Senior Living in 16860 (Munson, PA)
- 16860 scores the same as the Munson, PA average of 74.
- 16860 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16860 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Windy Hill Village and Mountain Laurel Nursing Care )
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Philipsburg Country Club, Toftrees Resort, and Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Black Moshannon State Park and Woodland Campground).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Nittany Line Hobbies & Toys, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and St Paul\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,720, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,386, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,213, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.43%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16860 has a very sparse population density of 82.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.00%.