Senior Living in 16870 (Port Matilda, PA)
- 16870 scores the same as the Port Matilda, PA average of 74.
- 16870 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16870 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mount Nittany Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of State College, Greenhills Village, and The Village at Penn State,.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Philipsburg Country Club, Toftrees Resort, and The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Black Moshannon State Park, Park Hills Park, and The Arboretum at Penn State.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Cooper James R, Oasis of Love Church, and Fairbrook United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,986, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,023, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,079, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16870 has a sparse population density of 103.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.75%.