Senior Living in 16874 (Snow Shoe, PA)
- 16874 scores the same as the Snow Shoe, PA average of 71.
- 16874 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16874 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Nittany Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Centre Crest, The Village at Penn State, and The Village at Penn State,.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Toftrees Resort, Nittany Country Club, and Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce: Train Station and Black Moshannon State Park).
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Mountaintop Christian-Mssnry, St Michael\'s Rectory, and Assembly of God Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,660, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,910, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,292, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.08%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16874 has a very sparse population density of 39.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.77%.