Senior Living in 16875 (Spring Mills, PA)
- 16875 scores the same as the Spring Mills, PA average of 73.
- 16875 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16875 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Meadows Psychiatric Center and Healthsouth Nittany Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of Reedsville, Centre Crest, and Juniper Village At Brookline-Rehabilitation And Sk.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Nittany Country Club, State College Elks Country Club, and Indian Run Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Seven Mountains Campground, Centre County Grange Fair, and Poe Valley State Park.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Krabill Joseph F, Baha\'Is of Pennsylvania Twp, and Tri-Penn Charge United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,998, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,454, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,588, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.70%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16875 has a very sparse population density of 50.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.94%.