Senior Living in 16879 (Winburne, PA)
- 16879 scores the same as the Winburne, PA average of 67.
- 16879 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16879 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Windy Hill Village ).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Philipsburg Country Club, Toftrees Resort, and Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Black Moshannon State Park)..
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Nittany Line Hobbies & Toys, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Harmic Thomas L.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,859, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,708, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,771, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.83%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 16879 has a sparse population density of 244.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.51%.