Senior Living in 16901 (Wellsboro, PA)
- 16901 scores the same as the Wellsboro, PA average of 68.
- 16901 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16901 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Carleton Senior Care and Rehabilitation Center, The Green Home Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, and The Laurels.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Tyoga Country Club, Pine Marsh Golf Course, and River Valley Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Sand Run Falls, Grand Canyon Motel & Resort, and Leonard Harrison State Park.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Christian & Missionary Allnce, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Independent Bible Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,801, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,549, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,479, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.90%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16901 has a very sparse population density of 44.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.21%.