Senior Living in 16923 (Genesee, PA)
- 16923 scores the same as the Genesee, PA average of 68.
- 16923 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16923 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Jones Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Wellsville Manor Care Center, and Cole Memorial Hospital.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Wellsville Country Club, Coudersport Golf Club, and Evergreen Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Christian & Missionary Church, Yorks Corners Mennonite Church, and Shepherd of the Valley Elca.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,759, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,650, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,735, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.30%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 16923 has a very sparse population density of 18.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.35%.