Senior Living in 16925 (Gillett, PA)
- 16925 scores the same as the Gillett, PA average of 77.
- 16925 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16925 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Arnot Ogden Medical Center, St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, and Elmira Psychiatric Center.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Bartons Adult Home, Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care, and Courtyards.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Pinecroft Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Mark Twain Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Newtown Battlefield State Park, Gardner Hill Campground, and Wisner Park.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Elmira Sda Church, St Mary\'s Southside Church, and Bethany Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,533, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,585, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,933, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.57%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 16925 has a very sparse population density of 41.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.34%.