Senior Living in 16936 (Millerton, PA)
- 16936 scores the same as the Millerton, PA average of 71.
- 16936 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16936 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Corning Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Care, Bartons Adult Home, and Courtyards.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Corey Creek Golf Club, Pinecroft Golf Course, and Corning Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Bucktail Camping Resort)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Evangelical Wesleyan Chr Academy, Church of Jesus Christ of LDS, and Kershner Joel C.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,077, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,542, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,162, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.64%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16936 has a very sparse population density of 43.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.79%.