Senior Living in 16946 (Tioga, PA)
- 16946 scores the same as the Tioga, PA average of 63.
- 16946 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 16946 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Care, Broad Acres Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Pinnacle Towers.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Corey Creek Golf Club, Corning Country Club, and Pinnacle State Park Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bucktail Camping Resort, Hills Creek State Park, and Sunflower Acres Family Campground.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of LDS, Kershner Joel C, and Evangelical Wesleyan Chr Academy.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,252, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,245, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,269, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.59%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 16946 has a very sparse population density of 40.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.33%.