Senior Living in 17004 (Belleville, PA)
- 17004 scores the same as the Belleville, PA average of 70.
- 17004 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17004 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (J C Blair Memorial Hospital and Lewistown Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Valley View Retirement Community, Malta Home Retirement Community, and Elmcroft of Reedsville.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Standing Stone Golf Club, Lewistown Country Club, and State College Elks Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Greenwood Furnace State Park, Whipple Dam State Park, and Penn-Roosevelt State Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Allensville Mennonite Church, and Strohm Samuel G.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,473, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,194, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,534, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 17004 has a sparse population density of 102.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 63.72%.