Senior Living in 17006 (Blain, PA)
- 17006 scores the same as the Blain, PA average of 61.
- 17006 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17006 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Stonehedge Retirement Home and Swaim Health Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including American Legion Country Club, Carlisle Barracks Golf Course, and Penn-Del Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fowlers Hollow State Park, Colonel Denning State Park, and Dogwood Acres Campground.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Zion Lutheran Church, Church of the Living Christ, and Center Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.11% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,614, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,250, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,969, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17006 has a very sparse population density of 13.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.15%.