Senior Living in 17007 (Boiling Springs, PA)
- 17007 scores the same as the Boiling Springs, PA average of 87.
- 17007 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17007 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Healthsouth Rehabilitation and Carlisle Regional Medical Center).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Schartner House at Carroll Village, Elmcroft of Dillsburg, and Cumberland Crossings.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Range End Country Club, Best Western Plantation Inn, and Liberty Forge Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Western Village RV Park, Mountain Creek Camp Ground, and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including St John Evangelical Lutheran, Otterbein United Methodist Chr, and Mt Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,686, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,208, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,595, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17007 has a sparse population density of 269.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.21%.