Senior Living in 17013 (Carlisle, PA)
- 17013 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Carlisle, PA.
- 17013 scores lower than the Carlisle, PA average of 74.
- 17013 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17013 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Carlisle Regional Medical Center and Carlisle Regional Medical Ctr).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Sarah A. Todd Memorial Home, ManorCare Health Services-Carlisle, and Forest Park Health Center and Rehabilitation.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Cumberland Golf Club, Mayapple Golf Links, and Rocky Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Western Village RV Park and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission).
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Good Shepherd Community Church, Church of Christ, and Brethren in Christ Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,633, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,685, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,481, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17013 has an average population density of 805.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.07%.