Senior Living in 17015 (Carlisle, PA)
- 17015 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the highest of any zip code in Carlisle, PA.
- 17015 scores higher than the Carlisle, PA average of 74.
- 17015 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17015 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Carlisle Regional Medical Center, Carlisle Regional Medical Ctr, and Healthsouth Rehabilitation.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Chapel Pointe at Carlisle, Church of God Home, and Thornwald Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Cumberland Golf Club, Mayapple Golf Links, and Rocky Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Western Village RV Park, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission, and Mountain Creek Camp Ground.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including Brethren in Christ Church, Good Shepherd Community Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,890, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,753, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,384, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.69%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17015 has a sparse population density of 182.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.19%.