Senior Living in 17017 (Dalmatia, PA)
- 17017 scores the same as the Dalmatia, PA average of 74.
- 17017 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17017 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Manor at Susquehanna Village, Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Polk Personal Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Shade Mountain Golf Club, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Luke S Ucc St, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Brethren in Christ Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,079, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,081, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,828, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.31%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17017 has a very sparse population density of 80.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.54%.