Senior Living in 17018 (Dauphin, PA)
- 17018 scores the same as the Dauphin, PA average of 82.
- 17018 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17018 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg, The Manor at Oakridge, and Kindred Place at Harrisburg.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Harrisburg, Colonial Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Ibberson Conservation Area State Park, Boyd Big Tree Conservation Area State Park, and Lake Tobias Wildlife Park.
- There are 130 churches nearby, including St Matthew\'s Catholic Church, Quinlan Edward J, and St Matthew\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,039, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,033, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,374, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17018 has a sparse population density of 108.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.96%.