Senior Living in 17023 (Elizabethville, PA)
- 17023 scores the same as the Elizabethville, PA average of 66.
- 17023 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17023 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Manor at Susquehanna Village, and Polk Personal Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Manada Golf Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ Lykens, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Giving Light Christian Fllwshp.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,219, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,589, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,587, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17023 has a sparse population density of 157.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.36%.