Senior Living in 17026 (Fredericksburg, PA)
- 17026 scores the same as the Fredericksburg, PA average of 75.
- 17026 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17026 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Arbor Gate, Heritage Commons, and Rothermel L. Caplan Transitional Care Unit.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Blue Mountain View Golf Course, Pine Meadows Golf Complex, and Freeport Mills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Jonestown KOA, Camp Swatara, and Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including St Pauls of Hamlin Ucc, God\'s Missionary Church, and St Jacobs United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,874, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,362, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,899, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17026 has a sparse population density of 161.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.29%.