Senior Living in 17027 (Grantham, PA)
- 17027 scores the same as the Grantham, PA average of 73.
- 17027 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17027 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Rehabilitation).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft of Dillsburg, Messiah Lifeways at Messiah Village, and Schartner House at Carroll Village.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (4% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Liberty Forge Golf Course, Naval Inventory Control Point, and Best Western Plantation Inn.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Grantham Brethren in Christ, Church of the Brethren, and St Elizabeth Ann Seton Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,565, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,821, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $10,315, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.44%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17027 has a dense population density of 5,709.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.