Senior Living in 17028 (Grantville, PA)
- 17028 scores the same as the Grantville, PA average of 79.
- 17028 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17028 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Milton S Hershey Medical Center).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Palmyra Health and Rehabilitation Center, Countryside Christian Community, and Lebanon Valley Brethren Home.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Manada Golf Club, Colonial Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Hershey Gardens, Swatara State Park, and Jonestown KOA.
- There are 70 churches nearby, including Shells Evangelical Lutheran, St Johns United Methodist Chr, and Faith United Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,860, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,366, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,558, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17028 has a sparse population density of 153.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.34%.